One software program any optimizer should love is Firefox. Now some may possibly say ‘Why Firefox, it’s just a visitor’? Yes, it’s a visitor, but one that supports a variety of plugins, a number of them very useful for search engine optimization. So let’s see what those plugins are:
1. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this can be among the greatest and most used Firefox seo extensions, and has many methods making it a favorite of mine. So let’s see what it might do:
* in Google it can check for: backlinks, indexed pages, associated pages, cache and PageRank.
* in Yahoo and MSN: indexed pages and backlinks.
* for traffic details, Alexa: summary, backlinks and related websites.
* keyword occurrence of the very used words on the site. Should you hate to identify further about https://linkedin.com/in/jordanrodbell/, there are heaps of libraries people should think about pursuing.
* DMOZ checker: see when the site is within the directory.
* look for robots.txt.
* validator to test your site for problems the validator is used by it from www.w3.org).
There are other items, but these are the main. To get different ways to look at it, please take a gander at: plus.google.com/113136871597286487087 reviews.
2. SEO Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/firefox-extensions/seo-links/ ) is yet another extension I take advantage of everyday. Once the expansion si effective and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will present you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and ranking data for the URL and anchor text pair. When you’re simply searching this can be annoying, but you can simply deactivate it having a right-click!
This might be very easily used to test your se rankings for a certain page, and here’s how: jot down a list with all the keywords and keyphrases that you want to rank for, and then link these words or phrases to-the web-pages associated with them!
Now each time you want to always check your ranks trigger the SEO Links expansion and float on the links — you’ll see where your pages have been in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
3. Do not waste anymore of one’s precious screen property just to find out what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) can sit anywhere you want (I keep it in the status bar) and you’ll get the precious information at-a glance. But this small tool can perform much more than that:
* it shows what meta-tags a website has
* checks for backlinks and listed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the robots.txt record
* keyword occurrence statement func-tion
* and best-of all: the highlight ‘nofollow’ links will show you what links will be followed closely by search-engine spiders — very useful when you wish to submit your website to a service and don’t know if it will matter from the seo perspective.
So just in case you aren’t applying Firefox, go have it! It could be your best friend when it comes to search engine marketing!
Florin Costache produces over a daily search engine optimization blog for Romanian webmasters, called Optimizare pentru motoarele de cautare (a.k.a. Search engine marketing for those who don’t speak Romanian)..